Do you worry about having enough patients? Are you having recurring nightmares that one day you will walk in and the schedule will be bare? Are you a new clinic struggling to beef up your daily schedule? Here are 10 strategies to effectively promote your medical practice:
1. Have a professional website, a well written blog, and an active Facebook page and Twitter handle. You must have a social media strategy to stay current (and continuous shameless self-promotion will not work). Post on Facebook and Google+ a minimum of 10 posts per week, and aim for about four times that amount for Twitter.
2. Be active in the community. Have a clinic presence at health fairs, sporting events, and anywhere else you can set up a booth. Make it fun and get a mascot and bring it along too!
3. Donate a physical or consultation or cosmetic service for a local charity auction.
4. Have an open house (with refreshments and door prizes). Invite the public, colleagues, and referral coordinators from other clinics and hospitals.
5. Become the expert. Make yourself available to local and national news centers and online and print publications to comment on current health issues. Give seminars and talks on health issues that you specialize in or have special knowledge in.
6. Increase patient satisfaction using customer service from the H.E.A.R.T. and your patients will do a lot of marketing for you.
7. Send a hand written thank you card to each new patient that comes in, and to the doctor that referred them.
8. On that note, send out birthday cards and/or e-mails. This is also a great way to remind people of their annual check ups.
9. Get involved in the local chamber; host lunch-and-learns at the local assisted living facility or library.
10. Give out care packages to patients with all of the brochures from your ancillary services, a pen with your office information on it, as well as a fridge magnet business card.