Healthcare organizations are the most frequently attacked type of business when it comes to cyber crime.
In this video, David McHale, senior vice president and chief legal counsel for physician insurer The Doctors Company, discusses this growing problem. He also shares six steps every practice should take to protect itself and its patients.
Here are some more resources on steps to take to mitigate cyber liability risks:
• Don't Let Your Medical Practice's Technology Use Compromise PHI
• HIPAA: Top Tech Missteps
• Sample Medical Practice Mobile Device Use Agreement
• Additional cyber security resources
• You Are at Risk for a Healthcare Data Breach
• Which New Technologies Threaten Your Practice?