The Doc Shoppe, a direct primary-care practice in Corbin, Ky., offers three membership levels for individuals, families, and small businesses.
While it also enrolls patients on a fee-for-service basis, the practice markets its membership plans as the most economical and comprehensive option for patients. The membership plans also give the practice a reliable income stream without the hassle of working with third-party insurers.
• $50/month for patients under age 65
• $75/month for patients age 65 and older
Small business plan
• $50/month for individuals; $100 for couples; $150 for families
• Unlimited clinic and virtual visits
• Same-day or next-day appointments
• Access to providers 24/7
• Most routine labs and tests
Other rules and fees:
• One-time, $50 registration fee to open a new billing account.
• $10 fee for payments over 30 days late; cancellation of account at 60 days overdue.
• No long-term contracts.
• Cancel for any reason after three months.
• Members must sign up for automated monthly bank transfers to cover fees.