• EHR Incentive Program: A Progress Report
The government doesn't mind evaluating you through its EHR incentive plan. But as it moves past the two-year mark, it's time for us to evaluate the program's progress in getting physicians like you to adopt and use (meaningfully, of course) technology.
• Keeping Medical Practice Staff on Task
Day-to-day operations at your practice can easily get derailed. Here's how to keep staff on track despite possible disruptions.
• Healthcare Reform Influencing Physicians' Career Choices
With healthcare's business landscape shifting fast, doctors are gambling on new career strategies. But where are they placing their chips? Find out with our exclusive 2012 Great American Physician survey results.
About Our Publications
A Leader in Practice Management
For 20 years, medical practices across the United States have turned to Physicians Practice for practical, proven solutions to the “real-world” concerns their businesses face. These include billing, coding, collections, technology, work flow, staffing, and compensation, among others. Our experts also offer substantive advice on financial and legal matters.
Physicians Practice offers award-winning content through multiple and expanding media outlets, including our monthly journal and informative Web site, as well our electronic newsletters, and live seminars presented by our experts across the country. Physicians Practice is published by UBM Medica, a division of United Business Media.
A Clear Mission
Physicians Practice provides the timely expertise and practical tools — developed by our practice management experts and distinguished editorial team — to help physicians build successful, thriving practices. We bring fresh, new ideas in business, management, and technology to physicians and their staff members, helping them run efficient, cost-effective offices, provide better patient care, and ultimately realize healthier bottom lines.
Our Promise to You
Discontent among America’s physicians is well-documented and well-recognized. With more and more doctors leaving the profession and an increasing nationwide physician shortage, physicians must equip themselves to respond to a growing healthcare crisis. Physicians Practice responds by providing the practical knowledge and tools today’s doctors need to succeed in such an environment.
Physicians of all specialties and in all types of practices know they share common concerns, and they know that Physicians Practice delivers solutions. We take our promises to our readers seriously, and they respond by turning to us for answers to the most elementary or complex business problems unique to medical practices.
Physicians Practice journal
Our award-winning journal, Physicians Practice, is circulated to more than 200,000 physicians nationwide through partnerships with more than 50 hospitals and medical centers, including academic, community, faith-based, and specialty hospitals.
PhysiciansPractice.com is the leading practice management Web site for doctors and their staff around the world. Each month, the Web site averages 130,000 page views and 31,000 visits from visitors seeking answers to their questions on managing the business aspects of their practices. We are their one-stop shop on the Internet for expert advice on practice management issues.
What does PhysiciansPractice.com offer?
- More than 80 free downloadable calculators and customizable forms to help you with everything from benchmarking your practice’s financial health to measuring patient satisfaction;
- More than 700 practical, topical archived articles taken directly from Physicians Practice;
- 17,000+ questions from our readers and answers from our practice management experts on everything from training your front-desk staff to solving those elusive coding dilemmas — all within a searchable database;
- A daily blog with all the latest in practice management and legislative news that affects doctors and their practices;
- Our online Buyers Guide, filled with 500 listings to help you easily locate the products and services you need;
- White Papers, Case Studies, Podcasts, Webinars, Virtual Events, and more to help you stay current on the latest developments in practice management.
Physicians Practice Electronic Newsletters
Our weekly “opt-in” newsletters are regarded as must-have sources for tips, techniques, and practical strategies for improving office operations and work flow. Six popular e-mail newsletters are delivered to a combined total of nearly 50,000 physicians and their office managers.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Six times a year, Physicians Practice publishes a CME issue accredited by CME, LLC. CME, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education. Physicians can earn up to two Category 1 credits per issue toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award.