Guess what? Gratitude is free! And it can completely change your business (as well as your life). Here are some reasons to be thankful this year:
1. You can be thankful for your patients, be thankful for every patient that walks in your door. Even give a little thanks for the bad and the difficult.
2. You can be thankful for the skills of your team, each of you has a gift that you use to help people.
3. How about a little gratitude for technology? Even if you have not upgraded to an EHR, be thankful for electronic claims filing, Google, online banking, smartphones, and everything else that makes your day a little easier.
4. You can be thankful for patients and staff that have become like friends and/or family.
5. You can be thankful for collaboration: It is so easy now to collaborate with other experts in your field.
6. You can be thankful for accountable people! Everybody loves a person that follows through on what they say.
7. You can be thankful for abundance. (Abundance of anything, you fill in the blank).
8. You can be thankful for great publications like Physicians Practice that bring you all sorts of tips, tricks, news, and ideas.
9. You can be thankful for the tax breaks of 2012, specifically the 179 tax break (it was $150,000 this year), if you didn’t get to utilize it this year, be thankful it is still available ($25,000) next year.
10. If you can’t be thankful for any of the previous nine reasons to be thankful, you can be thankful that one day you will get to retire!
I am thankful for all of the above and some. If you have a hard time determining what to be thankful for, try writing it down every day, start with three things and gradually work up to ten a day. You will find something, I promise. Gratitude is something to continue all year long!
Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!