Linda Girgis, MD
Linda Girgis, MD
Dr. Linda Girgis MD, FAAFP, is a dedicated family physician in South River, New Jersey and its surrounding communities. Holding board certification from the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Girgis is affiliated with both St. Peter’s University and Raritan Bay Hospitals and also collaborates closely with several universities and medical schools, where she teaches medical students and residents.
Originally from Pennsylvania, Dr. Girgis received her medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine. She went on to complete her internship and residency at Sacred Heart Hospital, a program affiliated with Temple University, during which time she was recognized as intern of the year by the faculty.
Because of her commitment to excellence, Dr. Girgis has continued to earn awards and recognition from her peers and a variety of industry bodies, including:
• Top Innovator in Healthcare award by Quality Insights, 2006
• Patients’ Choice Award, 2011-2012
• Compassionate Doctor Recognition, 2011-2012
• Bridges to Excellence Recognition 2012-2015
• NCQA Physician Practice Connections – Patient Centered Medical Home, 2012-2015
• Most nominated Health IT Change Agent of 2015 by Health IT Outcomes
• Named one of the top 10 doctors to follow on Twitter by Compass Healthcare Redefined, October 2015
• Named one of the top 100 healthcare influencers by HealthJoy, September 2015
• Named one of the 10 doctors that other follow on twitter by MDigital Life February 2016
• Named one of the top 5 Women in Healthcare blogs in 2016 by Live Clinic.
She is an Advisory Board member for SERMO and a board member of Protect the Pecs Foundation. Additionally, she is a blogger for Physician’s Weekly and MedicalPractice Insider, as well as a guest columnist for Medcity News, PM360 and Health IT Outcomes. She has published articles in several other media outlets. Dr. Girgis has written three books Inside Our Broken Healthcare System, The War on Doctors, and The Healthcare Apocalypse. She has been interviewed in US News, on NBC Nightly News, and in many other media outlets.
Dr. Girgis’ primary goal as a physician remains ensuring that each of her patients receives the highest available standard of medical care.