Question: I will soon open a practice and need to compose a letter for potential referral sources. What should I include?
Answer: Your letter should address the following:
- What makes your practice different? Access? Location? Special area of interest? Set a brand that you follow in everything you do.
- It needs to be professionally designed and printed. You are selling yourself and a low-grade job won't do. Kinkos can even help you out with basic design and printing.
- Consider including a business card, magnet, brochure - something folks can keep on hand for easy recall.
- Consider asking recipients for a face-to-face meeting (you’ll buy the coffee) to talk about their needs. Networking goes far.
- Make sure to include your credentials, and how to reach you. Also be sure to balance marketing to referral sources with marketing directly to consumers. In many markets, PPOs are so prevalent that patients may self-refer.