Doctors have heard it all. Here's what some of our physician readers said they can't stand hearing from patients.
Doctors have heard it all. Here's what some of our physician readers said they can't stand hearing from patients:
1. "I am very sensitive to all medications."
2. "Could you just look at my other child?"
3. "It hurts all over."
4. "I know I have a sinus infection and always get antibiotics for it."
5. "I can't exercise."
6. "I have no idea how methamphetamine/cocaine/morphine showed up in my urine. I've never taken that."
7. "I need a complete hormonal evaluation."
8. "I tripped in the bathroom while I was holding an open bottle of Percocet and they accidentally dropped into the toilet."
9. "Shoot, I forgot my wallet."
10. "I didn't mention it to the nurse, but..."
11. "I only smoke outside..."
12. "I came early this time to prevent the bronchitis."
13. "'I read on the Internet...' or better yet, 'My so and so said...' or the best is, 'Dr. Oz said...'"
14. "That's not what my other doctor said."
15. "You people!"
Marisa Torrieri is an associate editor for Physicians Practice. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aubrey Westgate is an associate editor for Physicians Practice. She can be reached at email@example.com.
This article originally appeared in the March 2013 issue of Physicians Practice.