While this year shaped up to be the "Year of EHR Consideration," there were other technology issues facing your practice in 2010. To Tweet or not to Tweet? Who is a "friend," who is a "fan?" What exactly is "mhealth?" Here are the top stories our readers turned to in 2010 for technology information and advice,
While this year shaped up to be the "Year of EHR Consideration," there were other technology issues facing your practice in 2010. To Tweet or not to Tweet? Who is a "friend," who is a "fan?" What exactly is "mhealth?"
Here are the top stories our readers turned to in 2010 for technology information and advice:
10. Not Ready for an EHR? Try an EDMS Even if you choose not to implement a full EHR right now, you can take a big step toward digitizing your practice.
9. Data Exchange UpdateDo you have a strategy for connecting online with pharmacies, labs, other physicians, and patients? If not, it's time for one. Here's a step-by-step primer for achieving connectivity and meaningful use.
8. State EHR Mandates Three states are putting extra pressure on physicians to adopt EHRs. Will others follow?
7. Privacy in a Social Media WorldAre networking sites like Facebook and Twitter privacy problems in need of a solution, opportunities to build community around your practice, or both? We help you navigate this brave new world of Web networking.
6. 7 Smartphone Apps for DoctorsThe do-it-all technology of smartphones quickly moved from cool new gadget status to part of daily life for most working professionals. And the number of apps continues to grow at an astounding rate. Here are some of our favorites.
5. EHRs Especially for SpecialistsMainstream EHR vendors have gotten better at catering to and customizing for physicians in specialties outside of primary care, but don't count out niche HER vendors that are keeping up with the big boys.
4. Technology Survey 2010: Uncle Sam's EHR IncentivesIf you're confused about the federal incentives to buy an EHR, you're not alone, our 2010 Technology Survey found. Will you get your money? What does "meaningful use" really mean? We have the answers to those and other burning tech questions.
3. Adding Apps to Your Practice Physicians are increasingly turning to medical apps on their smartphones to help them with day-to-day practice operations and as a clinical reference. With hundreds of medical apps on the market, here's what you need to know to make the most of your smartphone.
2. EHR Incentives Update If you’re thinking about purchasing an electronic health record system, you have undoubtedly heard that the federal government is offering financial incentives to help you do that. You’ve also heard that the regulations on what kind of EHR qualifies for the subsidies are not yet finalized. And you probably have questions about the “meaningful use” of that EHR you will have to show to claim the funds.
1. Meaningful Use: The Rules Explained At Last A primer on the final rules on how to demonstrate “meaningful use” of an EHR for the purposes of receiving federal stimulus dollars, including background on EHR guidelines.