In 2010, healthcare reform became a reality and social media use boomed in practices nationwide. But decades-long issues on how to keep staff focused and happy continue to be at the forefront of your mind. Here are our top 10 stories on staffing you found of interest this year.
In 2010, healthcare reform became a reality and social media use boomed in practices nationwide. But decades-long issues on how to keep staff focused and happy continue to be at the forefront of your mind.
Here are our top 10 stories on staffing you found of interest this year:
10. 6 Ways to Relax, Rejuvenate, and Get Re-Inspired
Take the time to take care of yourself. Not only will you feel better, but your patients, your staff, and your family will thank you. Here are our tips for unwinding and re-energizing.
9. Twitter for PhysiciansTwittering has a place in medical practices, used judiciously and in moderation, according to one of our Pearls authors.
8. Battling Office GossipLoose lips sink ships …and practices. Here's how to stop indiscriminate tongue-wagging.
7. The Future of HealthcareInnovative thinkers in healthcare predict the future of care delivery
6. 2010 Best States to PracticeTrying to decide which state to practice in? Our guide to state-level conditions affecting physicians' wallets will help you choose wisely.
5. Employee FeedbackWant a sure way to make your staff feel valued while finding out what needs improvement? Just ask 'em. Here's how to seek staff input.
4. 'Oops, I Hired a Nightmare Employee' Here's how to skip the drama and hire right the next time.
3. The Part-time PuzzleEmbracing part-time and work-at-home schedules can help fit the right employee pieces into place.
2. Do You Need a Nurse Practitioner? Are you suffering from over-burdened schedules, annual flu epidemics, working patients asking to be seen after hours, and patients requiring more hands-on education? Taken together, they can add up to longer-than-desired wait times and shorter appointments. If this sounds like your practice, it might be time to consider hiring a nurse practitioner
1. 2010 Staff Salary SurveyIt can be hard to know how much is enough. Our annual Staff Salary Survey and expert advice can help.